Sunday, April 1, 2012

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue?

In this economy, and the current state of the environment, it is important for us to value what we have and a lot of the time that means buying less and reusing more. For example, your wardrobe. There are some items in my closet that I have had for years, I just couldn't get rid of them, by keeping these items I'm not saying that my style hasn't evolved in the last few years, but rather that I can now take my new style and work that shirt or pair of pants in a completely new way. Now, with all of this said, I have to make a not-so-surprising confession; I love getting new clothes, I love leaving the price tag on for as long as I can until I'm sure it's the right moment to wear the new purchase, I like having options in my closet because I get bored so easily. Basically what I'm trying to say is that while some items can be worn again and again, and it's important to reuse, it's also important for your wardrobe, to treat yourself and add a fresh new piece to it every so often, it just makes you feel good and it sometimes puts other clothing items in new perspective, giving you new outfit ideas. So go ahead, buy that new blazer, just remember that that cute tank you bought a year ago would look just as good with it as that expensive one on the mannequin. Shop wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment