Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sketching, Roommates, and Subways, Oh My!


So my "daily" post has turned into a hopefully weekly post. Boy did I underestimate the amount of time I would have to sit down and update my blog. First of all the homework is heavy and difficult, especially since drawing doesn't come naturally to me. We rushed through designing a collection in a week and a half and are on to a new project this week. But on the bright side, I've improved somewhat on my sketching and my fashion concepts teacher seems to like my designs. I still feel completely out of place but this experience is helping me realize what I want in a college experience, in a career and life in general. I've confirmed that I love New York City. It's an amazing city with diverse people and always interesting. I also confirmed that I don't want to be a designer, I think it's extremely intriguing of course but it's not something I see myself doing everyday as a career. It's a challenging experience but then again I can tell I'm going to walk away with so much more knowledge about art and fashion than I had before.


My paper drape outfit

Sketch of my paper drape




The final presentation of my collection

No comments:

Post a Comment