Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stepping into the Unknown

In early October I decided that I want to take part in a summer fashion program. I researched and found one at Parson's New School for Design. The title of the program read "fashion design", which I'm not exactly interested in, I would like to be more in the merchandise and marketing part of the fashion world. But nevertheless it said that I would get to experience what the fashion world was like, visit fashion hotspots etc. So I signed up, hoping that the actual design aspect was minimal. As it got closer to the date when I would be leaving for New York, the program sent me information such as housing, schedule, and supply list. Then it hit me, what in the world had I gotten myself into? I can't draw, I don't know how to make clothes! What's a kneaded eraser or charcoal pencils and why do I need them? But I've looked forward to this for so long, I can't turn back now. So here I am, on a flight to New York City, I've decided to make the most out of it, because after all it is an amazing opportunity and it really can't hurt to have that kind of experience under my belt. I'll try to post daily and keep you updated on the embarrassing, exciting, and surprising events that occur throughout my time there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment