Sunday, August 25, 2013

Be True- The Next Chapter

  Since it's been maybe six months I figured it was about time I made a new post. It has truly been a very busy time for me; I got into college, finished my last semester of high school, graduated, turned 18, spent a month in Europe and am now a day away from my first day of classes at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Because I turned 18 this summer I decided I would get a tattoo and my tattoo is simply the words "be true". I chose it a couple of months ago and the short phrase became my mantra so by the time I got it, it didn't really feel all that crazy, it felt natural, it felt like a part of me. I need this art on my arm to remind myself every day to be true, to stay true to who I am and what I love, to not let other people or things get in my head but know that I am who I am, and I like who I am, so being true to myself is the best possible thing I can do. Whenever I feel weak I'll look at the words inked in my skin and know I am strong. It's only two words and the tattoo is very small but I don't need it to be any bigger to prove anything to anyone, I'm the only one who really needs to see it and it's absolutely beautiful to me. As I begin my next chapter of my life at FIT in this big city I will continue to remind myself to be true.
 


My overflowing closet in my dorm room! (The lighting in our dorms is not great quality, I apologize.)


(This year my goal is to really make these posts consistent but don't forget to check out my Instagram (@audstant) for a daily dose of fashion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment