Monday, September 16, 2013

Still Into You

     It's been a little over a month since I left home for NYC, FIT and the pursuit of fashion and I cannot get Paramore's new album out of my head. A lot of the songs are about growing up and "being all alone" which is, well, exactly where I am right now. The songs that make up the self-titled album help me to have a false sense of confidence as I find my way through my first year of college, just when I need it the most. Paramore has long been one of my favorite bands and I've loved seeing how they have grown up and evolved throughout the years with their music as well as their fashion (despite the drama that has surrounded them in past, I just care about the clothes and the music.)
     Fashion and music are two different art forms that I believe go hand in hand and tend to influence as well as complement each other beautifully. If the clothing doesn't match the music or persona that we as fans believe is true of the band then we get confused and tend to be less loyal customers, of course this is not always true but us fans like it when things just make sense. For example: Paramore is generally pop punk/rock because a lot of their songs are upbeat and fun but have a definite edge and often sarcastic or bitter tone. The band as a whole has a sleeker look than they used to, more put together and sophisticated but while still staying true to themselves with quirky and fun elements, showing that they never do take themselves too seriously. Paramore has changed with the times but stayed true to themselves and true to their music.

The band in the earlier days (before departure of two members in 2010), young and a little confused it seems.

The band, new and improved (style-wise) in 2013.

Hayley Williams in the band's music video for "Misery Business", kind of all over the place.

Williams in the band's recent music video for their song "Still Into You", still fun but a little more polished.


No comments:

Post a Comment